On behalf of the coaching staff, I would like to welcome you all to the start of the season. We are about to embark on a special year for the 2014 season. We have several challenges ahead of us. All of you must embrace our current weather conditions and brave the parking lot for the preseason. Practice will mostly be held at the high school in the parking lot, gym and weight room for the seasons starts.
- all appropriate apparel that represent issued colors of the program(grey sweats pant/hoodies are mandatory until it gets warmer)
- shoes for the weight room and gym, cleats for turf/grass
- mouth piece
- protective equipment(gloves, helmet, elbow pads, etc
- lock for locker(due by Monday, 3/10)
All players must have physicals completed and cleared by nurse before first practice. As previously discussed, all forms can be found at the nurses office. If you played a fall or winter sport, you still need to be cleared by the nurse. Please do not let this delay your start. As you know we only have 16 practices before our first game against Westfield. Every practice counts!
Practice Schedule Notables:
- Meeting tomorrow!!! For all players that missed initial meeting. JV/V equipment hand out.
- Frosh do NOT start until Saturday(feel free to work on your skills after school)
- Last day for in-school physical is TODAY
- A and B groups will be released tonight(DOES NOT INDICATE FINAL JV/V)
Please note that practice times are subject to change. Practice times are start times. Players will be expected to be warmed up prior to practice times. DO NOT BE LATE!
FRESHMAN HELMET UPDATE:
All freshman will be required to have white helmets for the start of the first game. Our program has migrated to white helmets for ALL levels. We understand this is an expense so we are setting up a online order with maximum cost reduction. Please be patient for order details. Helmet requirement: White base, black mask, blue chin guard and black chin strap(not negotiable).
Lastly, this email is my lifeline to all players at outside of the locker room. It will be expected that all players are responsible for their own whereabouts. You must let your respective coaches know if there are any issues.
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Best of luck this season,